Monday, November 30, 2009

I Hate Myself - Ten Songs LP



Year: 1997
Genre: Screamo/"emotional hardcore"
Label: No Idea (Click here to purchase CD)


Ah, good ol' I Hate Myself. Like The Smiths, here's another band that could make a grown man cry. I Hate Myself hails from Gainesville, Florida, the capital of PBR, cigarettes, and beard-inspired punk rock - yet the frugal guitar strums instead the soundtrack of falling snowflakes and desperate tears trying to roll out of the eyes of a troubled soul. I'm not kidding. I couldn't imagine witnessing them live and see some skinny kid with broken pipes screaming over a hush crowd. Well, yes I can, I've been to plenty of shows with that magnitude of (awesome) awkwardness. But really, the tears roll because Ten Songs' package of power chords, cheesy lyrics, slow drumming and choked-up vocals is really rather beautiful regardless of its angle. The first two songs back-to-back is quite the emotional roller coaster.


Track listing:
1. This Isn't the Tenka-Ichi-Budôkai
2. Urban Barbie
3. Polar Bear Summer
4. ... And Keep Reaching for Those Stars
5. Caught in a Flood with the Captain of the Cheerleading Squad
6. Kind of a Long Way Down
7. Not Waving But Drowning
8. Destroy All Monsters
9. Conversation with Dr. Seussicide
10. Secret Lovers at the Heaven's Gate Ranch


Mediafire
Photo provided

No comments:

Post a Comment